We are hiring for summer 2021!
We are a small tour operator and beach shop located on Madeline Island, Lake Superior. We started in 2008 with a passion for being on the water and sharing amazing experiences with others. We believe you should enjoy what you do, always keep learning and strive for the best. We are looking for people that share our passion for nature, enjoy working with customers and want to be a part of our team.
Retail and Tours Customer Service Associate
Seasonal Full and Part-Time Positions Available
Position Description: These are our front line professionals! The beach shop is the center of activity for customers, captains and guides. We want it to be a fun festive place so we need people to be friendly, up-beat and but also professional and confident enough to sell tours. The position is responsible for all day to day tasks in and around the shop, from being helpful to clients in the shop or on the phone, selling tours, answering emails, taking reservation payments, merchandise sales, and retail tasks.
- Love of the outdoors and outgoing friendly attitude
- Reliable, punctual and professional team player
- Willingness to work various shifts and possibly long hours at times
- Excellent communication skills on the phone and in person
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn our tour calendar and reservation system
- Good physical shape, ability to lift 40 pounds (paddle board)
- Sense of humor and friendly people-centered attitude
- Willing to spend the time with clients to figure out which tour meets their expectation for the best experience possible
- Confident problem-solving attitude, strong observation skills
- Other desired skills: Ability/knowledge to do minor repairs, grace under pressure, paddling skills, leadership and teaching experience.
If you’re interested in more information or to apply, please email Karen Nicholas, owner, at [email protected]