For summer 2022, we are mostly staffed but we are always looking for part time help in the Beach Shop.
We are a small tour operator and beach shop with a desire for being on the water and sharing unforgettable experiences with others. We believe you should enjoy what you do, always keep learning and strive for the best. Our passion for the outdoors, love of the surrounding area and our outstanding customer service is in our nature!
Retail and Tours Customer Service Associate
Part-Time Positions Available
Position Description: Join our crew of amazing people and share our enthusiasm for the Apostle Islands and Lake Superior. Make Madeline Island part of your summer memories! The beach shop is the center of action for customers, captains and guides. It is a fun, festive place located on Madeline Island, walking distance from the ferry landing. Our products are awesome, the staff is fabulous and we have gratifying jobs where we are constantly encouraging our staff to grow as professional individuals.
We are looking for friendly, up-beat, professional and confident individuals to enthusiastically assist customers at our fun beach shop! Our sales associates are responsible for making our clients and customers feel welcome in our store, answering questions about our products and services and completing day to day tasks in the shop. Tasks may include helping clients in the shop or over the phone, selling tours, assisting with SUP rentals, merchandise sales, retail tasks and more! Opportunity for professional growth within the company. If you enjoy working with customers and have a passion for the outdoors, apply with us today!
Compensation begins at $15+/hr based upon experience, plus more for high volume sales days, wages go up to $26/hr. The more we sell, the higher the pay rate per day! There are possible mid and end of season bonuses. If the applicant lives on the mainland, we will assist with ferry fees. We do not have employee housing available but we will help look for options as needed. Other job perks include 40% off at our beach shop, free paddle board usage after hours, frequent free coffee and snacks, flexible or set schedules available, awesome co-workers and a super fun work environment!
- Outgoing, friendly and people-centered attitude
- Reliable, punctual and professional team player
- Availability to work flexible shifts, possible long hours
- Excellent communication skills on the phone and in person
- Previous retail or customer service experience a plus but willing to train the right candidate
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn our tour calendar and reservation system
- Good physical shape, ability to lift 40 pounds (paddle board)
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Active listener with confident problem-solving attitude
- Strong observation skills
- Other desired skills: Paddling skills, familiar with outdoor gear, leadership and teaching experience.
If you’re interested, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]!